CONCEPT DESIGN: STAGE 2
- Prepare a design concept in broad outline showing intended space provisions, planning relationships, materials and intended building services & the technical and functional characteristics of the design.
- Check for conformity of the concept with the rights to the use of land.
- Review the anticipated project costs & programme.
SKETCH PLANS: STAGE 3
- Confirm the scope & complexity.
- Review the design and consult with local & statutory authorities.
- Develop the design, construction system materials & components.
- Incorporate all services and the work of consultants.
- Review the design, costing and programme with consultants.
MUNICIPAL DRAWINGS: STAGE 4.1
- Prepare documentation sufficient for local authority submission: Co-ordinate technical documentation with the consultants, prepare specifications for works,
- Review the costing and programme with consultants, obtain the client’s authority and submit documents for approval.
WORKING DRAWINGS: STAGE 4.2
- Complete construction documentation & proceed to call for tenders: obtain the client’s authority to prepare documents to procure offers for the execution of the works, obtain offers for the execution of the works, evaluate offers and recommend on the award of the building contract, prepare contract documentation (and arrange the signing of the building contract).
CONSTRUCTION & CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION: STAGE 5 & 6
- Hand over the site to the contractor.
- Issue construction documentation.
- Initiate & check sub-contract design and documentation as appropriate.
- Inspect the works for conformity to the contract documentation.
- Administer and perform the duties & obligations assigned to the principal agent in the JBCC building agreement, or fulfil the obligations provided for in other forms of contract.
- Issue the certificate of practical completion.
- Assist the client to obtain the occupation certificate.